Friday, September 10, 2010

Coffee, a Muskrat, and Beer

Photobucket

After a morning of visiting wineries and an old lighthouse (posts coming soon) during our northern vacation, we spent the latter part of the day in the city.

Photobucket

First thing we did was find a coffee shop so everyone could have a little afternoon pick-me-up. The place we found was small but unique. They served coffee and desserts that were perfect, penguin-sized portions.

Photobucket

The place was tiny but luckily we were the only ones there so we sat down to enjoy our coffee drinks.

Photobucket

Feeling energized after our coffee, we were ready to take on the town and it’s shops.

We came across a quaint hat store.

Photobucket

From the window we could tell they had some pretty unique hats so we popped in to peruse the merchandise. Mr. Penguin is always on the lookout for new pieces to add to his wardrobe and a fun hat would be just the thing. I think I’d look dapper in a nice fedora. They had penguin hats, but not penguin-sized hats.

Photobucket

We took in some of the architecture since, by this time, most of the stores were closing up; it gave Mr. Penguin a chance to practice his photography skills (I may one day become the Ansel Adams of architecture).

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

To get back to the car we had to walk over a bridge. We stopped to check out the view...

Photobucket

We saw ducks on one side.

Photobucket

Someone noticed a muskrat in the water. While trying to get a picture of it, a mink scurried across the street, absolutely terrifying the woman. I'm sure those of you who are acquainted with her can visualize this; she is way too jumpy and easily scared. After a few attempts we were finally able to get a photo of the muskrat. Just look at his long, yucky tail.

Photobucket

Ewww. That is one woodland creature I had no desire to befriend. The mink, I’m not sure about; he darted away too quickly to get a decent look at him. Plus, the woman’s shrieks distracted me a bit.

We drove to a microbrewery for dinner. Of course, I had to sample the product.

Photobucket

I couldn’t pick just one so I decided to try them all.

Photobucket

Just look at the fun, penguin-sized glasses they were served in.

Photobucket

I drank them all *hiccup* which was not a good idea.

Remember my tequila incident? Yeah, it was like that again *hiccup*

Photobucket

We debated going to another bar for Irish car bombs, but decided against it; which I think was a wise decision.

Photobucket

I was pretty tipsy at this point so I grabbed a bottle of water and passed out in the car.

Photobucket

Once we arrived back at the house I went straight to bed to sleep it off so I could be ready for the next day’s activities. I'm pleased to report that I was able to wake up the next morning feeling fresh as a daisy.

Photobucket

I have much more to tell about my vacation, but the woman has been really sick lately and unable to take dictation from me. Plus all her medication makes her extra crazy and scatterbrained. But don't worry I won't let her illness affect my blog posting; I will post more as soon as I can.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Mr.Penguin loves to get comments!

If you don't have a google account, feel free to sign in as "anonymous" to leave your comment (just click the "comment as" drop down menu, and select "anonymous" near the bottom of the list)